A very simple and fast-to-cook side dish. It's tasty too 😋.
Recipe adapted from Yummytummyaarthi
Oil - 5 tblspn
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Asafoetida - a pinch
Onion - 1 (medium, chopped finely or sliced)
Tomato - 1 (large, sliced)
Green Chilli - 1 sliced
Besan flour - 2 tblspn
Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
Sambhar powder - ½ tsp (optional)
Potato - 2 (medium sized, boiled with a pinch of turmeric powder +½ tsp salt)
Water - 2 cups or as needed
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 3 pods
Coriander leaves - 5 sprigs (chopped finely)
1. Heat oil in a kadai, temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and Asafoetida.
2. Add onions and green chillies. Saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Then add tomatoes and saute till the oil starts to separate slightly.
4. Reduce the flame. Add besan flour, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and sambhar powder. Stir well for a minute.
5. Add water. Slightly mash the potatoes with fingers and add it. Finally add salt, tamarind, and sugar, and let it boil.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.