What to do with yolks left out from other recipes where only egg whites were used??? Go ahead n bake this cake 😋!
Recipe source: Callmepmc
Egg yolks - 2
Plain flour - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 3/4th of 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 1/3 cup (measured & powdered)
Vanilla extra - 1/4 tsp
Lemon/pineapple/any extract - 1/4 tsp
Water - 40 ml
(Yes .... A no butter/oil cake)
1. Sieve flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Beating at low speed, add the extracts and water.
4. Finally add the flour mixture little by little and beat only till well combined.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and lined baking pan.
6. Bake it at 180°c preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until done
7. Cool the cake completely on wire rack. Slice n serve.
1. For this recipe, my 1 cup = 240 ml.
2. All the ingredients must be at room temperature.