Soft and flavourful apple cake... 🍏
Recipe source : Yummy Tummy
For apple layer :
Apple - 1 (crunchy type)
Brown sugar - ¼ cup
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Sugar - ¾ cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Oil - ⅓ cup
Milk - ½ cup
Maida - 1½ cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - ½ tsp
Salt - ¼ tsp
1. Peel and chop the apple into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the apple, brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Keep it aside.
2. In another bowl, add egg, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla essence. Mix well. (beating not required)
3. Seive maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the maida mixture to the liquid mixture and mix gently.
5. Pour half of the cake batter into a lined baking loaf pan and level it.
6. Then top it with a layer of entire apple mixture.
7. Finally pour the remaining batter on top and level it.
8. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c.
1. For this recipe, 1 cup = 240 ml