Coconut Cookies (Eggless)
1 cup Maida
1/4 tsp Baking soda/eno fruit salt
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1 cup Unsweetend desiccated Coconut / shredded and toasted fresh coconut
1/2 cup Butter
10 tbsp Powdered Sugar
3-5 tsp Milk
Few drops of Vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven at 180° c.
2. Sieve maida with baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add the coconut.
4. Add vanilla essence and milk.
5. Now slowly add in the maida mixture little by little to form a dough.
6. Divide the dough into 20 portions and roll it to balls and flatten them slightly (1 cm thick).
7. Place it on a greased and floured baking tray and bake it for 15-20 mins or till golden brown on top.
1. For this recipe, my 1 cup measures 240 ml
2. I used shredded and toasted fresh coconut and eno fruit salt.
3. You can make the cookies in different shapes using a cookie cutter.
Update (12th Feb, 2017):
Made the cookies again today, tried a change in shaping the cookie. After rolling the dough into balls, flatten it slightly and make a finger impression at the centre gently, just half-way through and then bake it. The cookies came out baked in almost perfect round shape.