Custard Powder Cookies (Eggless)
Adapted from Yummytummyaarthi's
Butter - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Maida - 1 cup
Custard Powder - 1/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Cold Milk - as required
1. Preheat oven to 180°c . Grease a baking tray with oil/butter and line it with butter paper and again brush slightly with oil.
2. Take maida, custard powder, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
3.Add in butter and vanilla and mix well to form a dough. Add milk, if required, to form a dough.
4. Divide the dough into small lemon-sized portions and roll it into balls, press gently to flatten it and arrange it in the baking tray.
5. Prick it with a toothpick or fork.
6. Bake it in oven for 15 to 17 mins. Remove it from oven and let it cool for 5 mins.
7. Now remove the cookies to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
8. Crispy Custard Powder Cookies are ready.
1. For this recipe, my 1 cup measures 240 ml.
2. I used vanilla flavoured custard powder.