Perfect Rava Kesari
Adapted from Rakskitchen
Rava - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Water - 1 & 1/2 cup
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts - 7-8 nos
Raisins - 10
Kesari colour - A pinch
1. In a non-stick Kadai, roast the cashews and raisins in 1 tbsn ghee. Drain the cashews (when turns light brown) and raisins (when it gets puffed up) and keep it aside.
2. In the same Kadai, now add the remaining ghee and rava. Roast rava by stirring constantly until it turns light brown.Transfer the mixture to a plate and set aside.
3. Add the water to the kadai and bring to boil. Add the fried rava little by little to the boiling water and keep stirring simultaneously.Take care no lumps are formed, stir well. Cook it covered for 3-4 minutes or until the rava gets cooked.
4. Add the sugar,kesari colour and Cardamom powder. Stir well for 4-5 minutes or untill the kesari forms as a whole mass (doesn't stick to the pan).
5. Grease a plate with ghee. Transfer the Kesari to the plate and spread it. After cooling down, cut it into diamond shapes.
1.The entire recipe was cooked in slow flame.
2. For this recipe, my 1 cup measures 240 ml.
*You can read my first exciting experience making this recipe... Here...😊