This recipe was bit complicated for a beginner like me, but luckily the cake was perfect. All you need is a little patience and planning. And you end-up with a delicious n yummy cake 😊.
Butter - ½ cup
Sugar - ¾ cup
Eggs - 2
Maida - 1 ¼ cup
Baking Powder - ¾tsp
Milk - ¼ cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
For Butterscotch Swirl:
Brown sugar - ½ cup
Custard powder - 2 tbsp
Milk - ½ cup
Unsalted butter- 2 tsp
Egg - 1
1.Preheat oven at 180 C.
2. First prepare the buttscotch sauce:
- Combine brown sugar, custard powder and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens (ketchup consistency)
- Stir in butter and remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg. Use while warm.
3. For the Cake
- Sieve maida and baking powder together.
- Beat butter, sugar and salt, till it's creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Whisk well for 3 mins.
- Fold in the maida gently, adding little by little.
- Add milk and vanilla essence and mix gently.
4. Grease and flour a 20 cm (8 inch) bunt pan or 20 cm round pan.
5. Spread ⅔ of the cake batter into the pan.
6. Pour butterscotch sauce evenly over mixture.
7. Finally top it with remaining cake batter and spread it with the help of a fork swirling it slightly.
8. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes.
9. Butterscotch Swirl cake is ready to serve.
1. The ingredients must be in room temperature.
2. Use a Whisk to prepare the butterscotch sauce to avoid lumps.
3. The sauce should be thick, ketchup/sauce consistency.
4. Pour 2/3rd of the cake batter into the base of the pan to avoid the butterscotch sauce from sinking to the bottom.
5. Use a fork to swirl the top cake batter layer.
6. My cake was done in 30 mins.
7. For this cake, my 1 cup measures 240 ml.