RICH PLUM CAKE (EGGLESS)
Recipe adapted from Marias Menu
Maida –½ cup + 2 tbsp
Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
All Spice powder (cloves+cardamoms+cinnamon +nutmeg) - 1 tsp
Brown Sugar – ½ cup (loosely packed)
Butter – 3 tbsp
Whisked thick curd – ¼ cup
Hot Milk – 2 tbsp
Dates syrup - 1 tsp or caramel - refer notes
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Cardamom essence - ¼ tsp (optional)
Cashews + Almonds - ¼ cup (chopped)
Cherries - 5 (halved)
Candied orange peel (chopped finely) - 1 tbsp
Dates (chopped) + raisins - ½ cup
Apple Juice - ½ cup
1. Soak dates and raisins overnight in Apple juice. Before making the cake, drain the dry fruits and mix it with Cherries, candied orange peel, cashews and almonds. Toss it with a tbsp of maida to coat and keep aside
2. Mix maida, baking powder, baking soda and all spice powder together and keep aside.
3. Now whisk butter with brown sugar till light & fluffy.
Add hot milk, curd, dates syrup (or caramel), Cardamom essence & vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Fold in the flour mixture in two batches.
5. Add the dry fruits and nuts mixture.
6. Pour the cake batter into a greased and lined round baking tray (6 inch) .
7. Bake it in a preheated oven @ 180 °C FOR 45 mins or till done.
1. For this recipe, my one cup measures 240 ml
2. I used store bought tetra pack Apple juice for this recipe.
3. Coating the dry fruits and nuts in maida prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the baking tray.
4. Caramel recipe :Heat 4 tbsp of white sugar & ½ tbsp water and let the sugar melt. When the color becomes dark brown, carefully (to avoid hot splashes and burns) pour 2 tbsp of warm water immediately and stir well. Remove from flame and let it cool completely.