Saturday 24 September 2016

Simple Vanilla Cake



 My son's vacation has started and he's at home. Do I need any other special reason to bake a cake? 😊
So I decided to make a plain n simple cake with his favourite whipped cream frosting. 
 I'm a beginner in baking... Yeah, I know. The cake's icing exposes that😜.. Please excuse πŸ˜† 

Ingredients:
Butter - ½ cup
Sugar - ¾ cup
Eggs - 2
Maida - 1 ¼ cup
Baking Powder - ¾ tsp
Hot Milk - 3-4 tbsp 
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch

Method:
1.Preheat oven at 180 C. 
2.Sieve maida and baking powder together. 
3.Beat butter, sugar, vanilla essence and salt, till it's creamy. 
4.Add eggs one at a time. Whisk well for 3 mins. 
5.Fold in the maida gently, adding little by little. 
6.Add milk (as required to get a pouring consistency) and mix gently. 
7.Pour the batter in a greased and lined deep rectangular baking tray (7 * 5 * 2 inch) .  
8. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes. 


Notes:
1. The ingredients must be in room temperature. 
2. My cake was done in 35 mins. 
3. For this recipe, my 1 cup measures 240 ml


No comments:

Post a Comment