I've already posted a marshmallow recipe. But I have to frankly accept that this is the easiest, quicker and best recipe. So here comes the recipe...
Sugar - 180 gms
Water - 75 gms
Gelatin - 12 gms
Water - 60 gms
Pineapple essence - ¼ tsp
Yellow color - a few pinches
Cornflour - for dusting
1. Soak gelatin in 60 gms water in a glass bowl for an hour.
2. Mix sugar and water (75 gms). Bring to boil to a thick syrup consistency (soft ball stage - 240°F). Remove from heat.
3. Pour this mixture drizzling slowly into the soaked gelatin and beat with an electric mixer starting with slow speed and gradually to high speed.
4. After a couple of minutes, add the essence and color and beat the mixture till soft peaks are formed.
3. Pour this into a greased tray using a spatula. And let it set overnight at room temperature.
4. Remove the set marshmallows from the tray and place it on a cutting board dusted with cornflour. Coat it with flour on all sides.
5. Cut into squares and dust with corn flour.
6. Store it in air tight containers. Stays well for 2-3 days in room temperature.
1. Use scissors or pizza cutter to cut the marshmallows. Dust it with flour before using it.
2. My tray size - 10 inches * 6 inches.