Yes... 7 Cup Burfi, the ingredients sums to 7 cups totally. Its taste is combo of Mysore Pak and Coconut Burfi. A simple, humble and yummy recipe. Perfect for any special occasion and can be prepared in a jiffy.
Besan flour - 1 cup
Dessicated coconut - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Nuts (cashew & almonds, powdered) - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Yellow food colour - a pinch (optional)
Note: Maintain low flame for the entire recipe.
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add the besan flour and dry roast it for a couple of minutes. Keep stirring to avoid it from changing to brown color.
2. Add all other ingredients one by one (coconut, sugar, milk and nuts), and stir well continously. Finally add the ghee.
3. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides and when you start seeing small white bubbles, immediately switch off the stove.
4. Transfer the mixture into a ghee-greased tray and level it.
5. Using a knife, slice it while it's still WARM.
6. An instant burfi is ready.
1. For half measurement, my tray size : 22 cm * 12 cm.