My base Nigerian Agege bread dough is very versatile. Earlier I had made Choco Twist Bread with the same dough.
Makes 4 breads (each about 20 cm long)
Agege Bread Dough : 1 batch
Dessicated coconut - 3 tbsp
Tutti frutti - 3 tbsp
Brown sugar - 1/2 tbsp
White sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder- 1/4 tsp
Egg - 1 / Melted Butter - 4 tbsp
Milk - 1 tbsp
Beat it together.
1. Mix all the filling ingredients and microwave for about 20 seconds.
2. Filling is ready.
3. Divide the Agege bread dough into 4 parts.
4. Roll each dough to an elongated oval shape to about 20 cm long (picture below).
5. Place the filling at the centre and snip the sides about 1cm width using a knife or scissors (picture below).
6. Braid the strips (criss-crossed) over the filling (picture below).
7. Carefully place it on a greased or parchment-lined baking tray. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest and rise for 15 minutes.
8. Brush the top with the egg wash and bake it in a preheated 200°c oven for about 12-15 minutes.
For this recipe, my 1 cup = 240 ml