A simple biscuit with the heavenly combination of ghee and cardamom.
Plain flour - 100 gms
Icing sugar - 50 gms
Baking soda - half of 1/4 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter) - 50-60 gms
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Melt and cool the ghee. Add cardamom powder.
2. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, icing sugar and baking soda. Mix them together.
4. Add the ghee slowly to the flour mixture and make a soft dough. Don't overdo it.
5. On a flat surface, roll the dough gently to about 1 cm thick.
6. Use any cookie cutter to cut to your desired shape.
7. Place it all on a parchment lined baking tray and bake it in a 170°c preheated oven for 12-15 mins.
8. Cool completely and store them in an air tight container.
The biscuits can be served immediately but if served a day later they taste much better as the sugar and cardamom gets blended in the them nicely.