Divinity - A very sweet, fluffy like cloud candy... Just melts in your mouth. It was too sweet for my taste buds .. But these are traditional Christmas candies. So give it a try...
Sugar - 1 cup
Light corn syrup - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Egg whites - 1 (room temperature)
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Warm nuts (toasted and chopped) - 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Heat a saucepan in low heat and combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in it, stirring only until sugar dissolves.
2. In a separate bowl, add egg white and salt.
3. As the temperature of the syrup reaches 250 degrees, beat the egg white till stiff peaks form.
4. Continue to cook the syrup to hardball stage (260 degrees).
5. Gradually pour the syrup (in thin stream) to egg whites, beating at medium speed with electric mixer.
6. Add extract and beat until candy holds its shape, 4-5 minutes.
7. Finally, fold in the chopped warm nuts or cherries, if desired.
8. Spread it in a greased sheet pan. Let it cool. Cut it into squares.
1. For this recipe, my 1 cup = 240 ml.
2. Add WARM nuts.