Wednesday 21 December 2016

Another cake disaster๐Ÿ˜œ


Wanted to bake a marble cake with swirl pattern, so browsed and browsed for a recipe to work my idea. Finally, I was so confident as I chose a recipe from a blogger ๐ŸŒ who takes baking class. 


Last night, I mixed the batter, poured it into the baking tray, made the swirl pattern and put it into my oven. All set. 

The cake raised, raised and raised๐Ÿ˜ฐ, flooded all over my oven๐Ÿ˜•, the crust darkened,  and then suddenly the cake went flat. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ It took more than an hour to bake.

The cake was so oily... And soggy... Not firm. 
.  It was a mess. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ


I was about to discard it, But my mom came to rescue. She asked me to layer the broken cake pieces with tissue papers to absorb the oil. I did as she told and left it overnight. 

This morning, I tasted the cake. To my surprise, the taste was manageable, it was not that bad as I thought๐Ÿ˜†. My mom's trick worked. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Š

Again a cake wreck -  rescue operation was a success ๐Ÿ˜„


No comments:

Post a Comment