After doing a lot of research work with many recipes available on the internet... This recipe is damn good and tastes same like the store-bought condensed milk....just the same.
Milk powder - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Warm water - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
1. Add all the ingredients to a mixer jar and blend it well to mix thoroughly.
2. Transfer it to a sauce pan and heat the mixture in low flame.
3. Keep stirring continuously till it coats the back of the spoon (turns to a slightly thick pouring sauce consistency).
4. Remove from heat and let it cool.
The mixture thickens as it cools.
Homemade condensed milk is ready in a jiffy.
1. Store in an airtight glass jar in refrigerator.
2. Milk powder, full-cream...the better.
3. My 1 cup for this recipe measures 240 ml.
4. This recipe yields approximately 300 gms condensed milk.