Brownie Muffins... Broffins... Brownie babies... You'll love it. ♥
A simple recipe. So chocolaty and chocolaty... 😋
Yields 12 muffins
Salted Butter - 10 tbsp
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
White Sugar - 1/2 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Eggs - 2
Flour - 1/2 cup
Walnuts - 1/2 cup (broken to small pieces)
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa and coffee powder, and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Let mixture cool a bit and then add in vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
3. Next fold in the flour gently.
4. Finally add the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix well
5. Use an ice-cream scoop to divide batter into cupcake liners evenly.
6. Bake it in 180 c preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until tops are cracked and a toothpick inserted comes out with lots of moist crumbs but no wet batter.
1. For this recipe, my 1 cup measures 240 ml.
2. We do not want a clean toothpick - the brownies should still be gooey in the center.
3. Brown sugar can be substituted with same amount of white sugar.