Flour - 40 gms
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Icing sugar - 40 gms
Egg - 1 (around 45 gms)
Salt - a pinch
Essence - 1/2 tsp
Extra Icing sugar for rolling
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together and keep it aside.
2. Beat egg, icing sugar, salt and essence together till pale and creamy. (ribbon stage)
3. Gently fold the flour into the egg-sugar mixture.
4. Pour it into a greased and lined baking tray (24*12cm) and level it.
5. Bake it in 200 C preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
6. Lay out a clean cloth on the work surface. Lay a piece of parchment paper (slightly larger than the baking tray size) on top. Dust the paper with icing sugar.
7. Invert the baking tray and carefully remove the tray and peel the parchment paper stuck on the cake.
8. Carefully roll it while still hot. Let it cool completely.
9. Gently unroll the cake, then spread your favourite frosting all over and roll it again.
10. Classic n simple swiss roll is ready! 🍥 🍥 🍥