The soft, fluffier donuts. I don't want to compare it with any of the store-bought ones but it's the best... You know why... It's Homemade. The very simple simple recipe (yes... It's not a typo... I typed it twice) yields the best ever homemade donuts.
Recipe source : Bilikis Kitchen
For dough :
Flour - 250 gms
Sugar - 37 gms
Instant yeast - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla sugar - 1 tbsp
Butter - 55 gms
Egg - 1
Warm milk - 120 ml (105-110ºF (40–43ºC))
For coating :
Icing sugar - 1/4 cup
Vanilla sugar - 1 tsp
(Mix it well)
1. Mix all the five dry ingredients. Add butter and egg and mix well. Slowly add the warm milk little by little to combine the dough thoroughly.
2. The dough will be slightly sticky first. Keep kneading till it's no longer sticky and turns smooth. Kneading well for a long time increases the elasticity.
3. Roll the dough to a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl and cover it with a cling film or foil tightly. Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour or till double in size.
4. Turn out the dough to a slightly floured surface and flatten the it with a rolling pin to about ½ inch thick.
5. Use a donut cutter to cut the donut. Remove the holes and transfer the donuts to a lightly floured baking tray or parchment.
6. Let the donuts sit in a warm place to rise again for about 15-20 minutes. Cover loosely with a cloth.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan in slow flame. Fry one at a time. Slide doughnut into the hot oil. Turn it over as it rises to the top. Fry them on each side until golden brown. Remove to drain on a wire rack.
8. Finally coat the donuts with the icing sugar mixture while it's slightly warm or dip it in any of your favorite glaze.
Sit back and enjoy the puffy, fluffy n soft donuts. You'll love it.
1. Yields 10-12 donuts.
2. I rolled all the donut holes to a bun and baked it in a preheated oven at 180° for about 15 minutes. It too turned out yummy.